Invest with Rubicon Mortgage Fund
Rubicon Mortgage Fund, LLC provides a convenient way for individuals to invest in a diversified pool of loans, giving investors the advantage of instant diversification and the security of loans collateralized by real property. Rubicon specializes in short-term secured loans, focused on creating a consistent return to its investors. The management of the Rubicon Mortgage Fund strives for absolute transparency with regards to all operations and investments. From the inception, the Fund has been audited on an annual basis.
- As an investor in the Fund, you will gain a proportionate interest in all of the loans in the Fund’s portfolio. All loans will be secured by a first deed of trust (with few exceptions for subordinating debt).
- Interest payments are distributed to investors each month. As an investor you may choose to receive a monthly distribution check or reinvest your monthly distribution.
- All loans are underwritten by Rubicon Realty Advisors, Inc. (the Fund’s manager) and are made pursuant to a strict set of guidelines as established in the Fund’s Private Placement Memorandum.
- The Fund will secure loans on most types of commercial property including: Apartments, Industrial, Retail, Office, Mini Storage and Land.
- Eligible investors include individuals, individual retirement accounts (IRA), Keogh plans, trusts and other entities owned by accredited investors. Minimum investment is $100,000.
- Unlike traditional mortgage pool funds, the Fund is structured so that all revenue generated from making and servicing loans is received by the Fund, eliminating potential conflicts of interest between the Fund and its manager.
- Fund investors participate on all fees and interest created by all loans.
- All fund loans are made pursuant to the Department of Corporations California Finance Lenders License.
- The Fund has always been audited on an annual basis by Armanino, LLP, an outside independent auditing firm specializing in mortgage pool funds.
View our 2016 Audit listed to the right under Financial Audits.
Accredited Investors Only
Rubicon Mortgage Fund only accepts accredited investors to be members of the Fund. For an individual to be considered an accredited investor, he or she must have a net worth of at least $1 million US dollars, not including the value of one's primary residence or have income of at least $200,000 each year for the last two years (or $300,000 together with his or her spouse if married) and have the expectation to make the same amount this year. IRA's, Keogh plans, trusts and other entities owned by accredited investors are also eligible. We will require a letter from a CPA, attorney, or licensed financial planner stating that the investor meets these requirements.
For Existing Rubicon Fund Members...
As a RMF Investor, you are able to increase your investment or decide to re-invest rather than take a monthly distribution (or vice-versa). Simply fill out the Subscription Addendum if you'd like to make any investment changes. You can download the Addendum from the Forms page.
Would you like to go paperless?
Rubicon Mortgage Fund, LLC now has the capability to send your monthly statement via email. Simply email us your name and email address and we will set you up for the next monthly statement.
Also, for your convenience, we are able to direct deposit your monthly distribution into your bank account. Just fill out the ACH Credit Form, sign and fax back to us 925-283-8353. We will get you set up to electronically receive your monthly distribution and save you a trip to the bank!
If there is anything we can do to make investing with us more convenient, please contact us and give us your suggestions!
Want to get started?
Download our Investor Questionnaire
and other forms.
Rubicon Mortgage Fund
Investor Growth Chart *
January 1, 2011 - Present
* This is an actual Rubicon Mortgage Fund, LLC account. This investment has been compounded without monthly withdrawals. This table represents past returns and does not guaranty future returns.
Rubicon Mortgage Fund, LLC annualized compounded return versus the 10 year Treasury Note.
This table represents past returns and
does not guaranty future returns.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sources does Rubicon Mortgage Fund use for its loans?
Via mortgage brokers, direct borrowers, banks, attorneys, developers.
What types of real estate do you finance?
Most types of real properties located in the state of California. This includes industrial, retail, office, multi-family, single family residential, land, gas stations, hospitality, and we would consider others.
Where are most of your loans located?
Our loans are primarily located in the San Francisco Bay Area but we will consider properties throughout California.
What can one loan in the Fund represent?
Commonly, no one loan will represent more than 5% of The Fund, and currently The Fund has over 80 loans.
Are there any restrictions on becoming an investor in The Fund?
Yes. All investors must be classified as accredited before being accepted into The Fund.
Who performs the underwriting and due diligence?
The principals perform the underwriting and the due diligence on all of the loans. We use all methods of gathering information from the Internet to commercial brokers and appraisals. We research all aspects of our collateral, as well as the immediate sub-market where the property is located. We physically inspect every property we lend on, no matter where it is located.
Generally, how much capital is currently not funded or not earning interest?
The cash balance of the Fund ranges between 2% and 10% depending on whether we just funded a loan or received new investment funds.
Is The Fund leveraged?
No; But Rubicon does have a line of credit it uses as a warehouse line.
As an investor in The Fund can I receive monthly distribution?
Yes, investors can choose to either get monthly distribution or to reinvest each month.
"How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case."
- Robert G. Allen